Skip to content

Senior members of the Masons Rural team have a deep rooted understanding of the issues that you face living and working in the rural sector.

They have the experience to offer support and an objective overview of common flash points in farming and landowning families. In the unfortunate circumstances of a dispute, they will bring their expert insight to proceedings. Litigation can be a daunting, lengthy and expensive process, both financially and emotionally. We are ideally placed to help bring about a resolution.

30 years of experience and accumulated knowledge Area

30 years of experience and accumulated knowledge

Simon Williams is a RICS trained Evaluative Mediator and has been involved in resolution of rural sector disputes since around 2002. Simon leads the rural team in dealing with a wide spectrum of disputes, from boundaries and contract farming to landlord and tenant, development, farming partnerships, infrastructure compensation and valuation matters.

Expert witness reports Area

Expert witness reports

We can provide Expert Witness reports for legal proceedings where there may be a requirement for professional, independent expert opinion in connection with agricultural and rural legal issues. The duty of an expert witnesses is to be factual, objective and independent.

Mediation Area


Disputes involving land, farms and agriculture require particularly sensitive handling. The threads of a rural dispute are often more complex and historical involving families, businesses and boundaries. This requires a mediator who truly understands what it is like to live and work in the countryside.

Arbitration Support Area

Arbitration Support

Arbitration is a way of settling a dispute without having to go to court. If required senior members of the team are available to guide you through the complex and daunting process. We have been involved in arbitration proceedings over rent assessment, landlord and tenant terms of the tenancy disputes, end of tenancy dilapidations, claims and notices to remedy under the Agricultural Holding Act 1986 and the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995.