Here at Masons in Louth, we pride ourselves on the two types of service we offer to landlords along with the outstanding service we provide to tenants. Letting with Masons is trouble free. Our highly knowledgeable staff help you fully adhere to legislation, find the right tenants for the right property and are overseen by qualified RICS Chartered Surveyors.
What services do you offer to landlords?
Our Lettings team offer two levels of service tailor made to your requirements . Whether you’re seeking a Let Only basis or a Fully Managed Lettings Service. We can guide you through both.
Let Only/Tenant Find Service
We offer a Let Only service where we secure you a tenant and set the tenancy agreement up. We do an inventory of the property and then supervise moving in. This service suits landlords who prefer to manage the property but require the tenancy to be set up correctly and the property marketed to ensure maximum tenant enquiries. We then hand everything over to you.
Fully Managed Lettings Service
Once we have found you a tenant we can also offer a fully comprehensive service for a percentage of the rent collected + VAT on the rent received: -
- ✔ Prepare a detailed Inventory and Schedule of Condition
- ✔ Conduct a formal 'check-in/check-out' by our fully qualified Lettings team
- ✔ Collect monthly rent via our dedicated clients’ accounts and credit it (less deductions and fees) to your nominated bank or building society account by electronic transfer
- ✔ Provide you with a monthly statement showing income and expenditure
- ✔ Hold the tenants security deposit in the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
- ✔ Carry out formal property inspections
- ✔ Handle all reported repairs and maintenance to the property
- ✔ Organise the annual gas safety checks (where applicable) and periodic electrical safety check and boiler servicing
- ✔ Ensure compliance with the smoke and carbon monoxide alarm regulations
- ✔ Arrange an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) with our in-house assessor
- ✔ Ensure the local authorities and utility providers are notified of changes of occupancies
- ✔ Use best endeavours to collect any arrears as soon as possible
- ✔ Negotiate regular rent increases
- ✔ Advise you when tenancies are coming to an end and carry out a formal inventory 'check out'
- ✔ Agree dilapidations with tenants (over and above fair wear and tear)
- ✔ Arrange cleaning and minor repairs, deducting costs from the tenants deposit where applicable
“Wendy has found the perfect tenants for me and has been very professional and extremely helpful. Can’t thank you enough. Five star service.”
What happens if I live abroad?
We will ensure that you receive the appropriate form to comply with the Overseas Landlord Scheme and we will prepare the quarterly and annual returns on your behalf and submit them to the Inland Revenue.
How can I monitor my property?
We give landlords direct, instant access online to all general information on the letting of their property with a secure online client login, My Property File accessed via our website.
What do clients say about you?
We manage a diverse portfolio of property for landlords from single homes to multiple properties. We gain a lot of repeat business remarketing properties for landlords once a tenant leaves. Take a look at our customer Testimonials to find out more.
Discover why people choose Masons to let their property with us here.
Get in touch
Call us on 01507 350500 or send us a message...